The family used to live in the mansion in the summer and then move into the Dower House, Penmyarth in the winter.
The mansion was demolished in 1952 after serious fire damage during the Army’s requisition of the house during the 2nd World War and the family now live in the Dower House.
The rest of the Estate is still intact and consists of 400 acres of private parkland, 800 acres of forestry, 3,500 acres of lowland and hill farms, the Park and forestry, 16,000 acres of Common Land hills and 5 miles of the River Usk.
There are many historic buildings remaining, including the Tower Bridge, over the River Usk, ancient Celtic standing stones, the private chapel, farm buildings and stables, all either Grade II listed or Grade II starred.
The Estate is renowned for its trees which include over 200 different species and cultivars of Quercus (oak).